NCAPA Weekly Roundup
NCAPA MEMBERS IN THE NEWS
- Hiring a National Director: NCAPA is searching for a new national director. Please help us spread the word via this link: http://bit.ly/NCAPA-National-Director
- Jasjit Singh Speaks on End Racial Profiling Act: SALDEF's Jasjit Singh appeared on Comcast Newsmakers to talk about the relationship between law enforcement and minority communities and the need for ERPA. Watch the segment here.
- NAPAWF Deputy Director of Program & Policy Son Ah Yun Testifies Against HB 701 in Louisiana: NAPAWF's Son Ah Yun testified against Louisiana's HB 701 Tuesday in a Senate hearing. The bill would ban sex-selective abortions, and perpetuates the stereotype that Asian Americans do not value women. Watch the video here.
- NQAPIA Launches Campaign for LGBT Pride Month: June is LGBT Pride Month, and NQAPIA and Asian Pride Project collaborated on a series of multilingual videos and fact sheets for AAPI parents who have LGBT children. Learn more here.
- Miriam Yeung Honored as Woman of Distinction: On Thursday, NAPAWF Executive Director Miriam W. Yeung was recognized as a Woman of Distinction by the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders. More details here.
- NCAPA: National Director in Washington, D.C. (Deadline: Monday, June 22)
- NAPABA: Bryan Cave/NAPABA Law Foundation Community Service Scholarship (Deadline: Today, Friday, May 29 @ 9 p.m. ET)
- Young Leaders Institute (Deadline: Sunday, May 31)
- Program Associate (Priority deadline: Tuesday, June 30)
- AAPA: Fellows (Deadline: Monday, June 1)
- APAICS: STEM Fellowship (Deadline: Friday, June 12)
- National CAPACD: Membership and Communications Coordinator (Deadline: Friday, June 19)
- Wednesday, June 10 @ 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.: APIAHF: Shining the Light on Childhood Obesity among Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pacific Islanders at Capitol Visitor Center. RSVP required.
- Thursday, June 11 - Sunday, June 14: SABA North America Convention in Orlando
- Tuesday, June 23: APIASF Higher Education Summit in D.C.
- Thursday, July 2 - Sunday, July 5: OCA National Convention in San Francisco
- Wednesday, August 5: AAPA 2015 Annual Convention in Toronto
OTHER COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Sunday, May 31 @ 5:00 p.m.: Hepatitis B Initiative of Washington, D.C. Annual Benefit Gala & Awards Dinner
- Monday, June 8 @ 4:00 p.m. ET: WHIAAPI & Sikh Coalition Anti-Bullying Forum Call
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter