This week's roundup of NCAPA news and events
- Victories at the Supreme Court: NCAPA members celebrated the three major SCOTUS decisions this week on the Affordable Care Act, fair housing and same-sex marriage. Read statements below.
- NCAPA members rally in Roanoke to #RestoretheVRA: Yesterday, NCAPA members joined the Leadership Conference and several groups in Roanoke, Va., to urge Rep. Goodlatte and Congress to restore the Voting Rights Act. JACL's Priscilla Ouchida and AAJC's Terry Ao Minnis gave remarks on the importance of voting rights for Asian Americans and all Americans. See photos and more on NCAPA's Twitter or by searching the hashtag #RestoretheVRA.
- TPS for Nepal: USCIS and DHS officially announced Monday that Nepal was designated for Temporary Protected Status. Read NCAPA's statement with Adhikaar.
- APIASF holds sixth annual Higher Education Summit: Earlier this week, APIASF held their annual summit to engage in dialogue about education, AANAPISIs and career development with students, community leaders, agencies and more. At their reception, APIASF honored WHIAAPI Executive Director Kiran Ahuja and Sachi Koto, founder of the Who's Who in Asian American Communities Alliance Foundation.
- Sign on to support Sen. Hirono's All Students Count Amendment: Please share and sign on to support the All Students Count amendment to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act to ensure that data is disaggregated for K-12 AAPI students.
- OCA: 2015-2016 Civil Rights Fellow in Washington, D.C. (Deadline: Friday, June 26)
- CAAM: Muslim Youth Voices Project Summer Workshop in Minneapolis. For youth ages 12-18. (Deadline: Sunday, June 28)
- SAALT: Program Associate in Takoma Park, MD (Priority deadline: Tuesday, June 30)
- NAKASEC: Summer Campaign Fellow in Annandale, Va./Washington, D.C.
- Saturday, June 27 @ 8:00 a.m.: Native Hawaiian Business Development Empowerment Workshop in Honolulu
- Thursday, July 2 - Sunday, July 5: OCA National Convention in San Francisco
- Wednesday, August 5: AAPA 2015 Annual Convention in Toronto
- Monday, Sept. 28 - Wednesday, Sept. 30: National CAPACD 15th Annual Convention in D.C. Registration open.
OTHER COMMUNITY EVENTS
- Saturday, June 27 @ 2:00 p.m.: DC Mayor's Office on Asian and Pacific Islander Affairs Breaking Language Barriers in Affordable Housing Panel (National CAPACD's Seema Agnani to speak on panel)
- Wednesday, July 1 @ 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.: Washington Leadership Program Session III: AAPI Women and Health (NCAPA's Kelly Honda is moderating and NAAPIMHA's DJ Ida is speaking)
- July 6 - August 1: National Asian American Theatre Company's "Awake and Sing!" Use promo code AWAKE35 for discounted tickets until June 30. New York.
- Thursday, July 9 @ 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.: WHIAAPI Youth Forum in D.C.
Do you like this post?